Saturday, September 20, 2014

Gotland



So, in the end of July I traveled to Gotland with my dad. What is Gotland? It is a swedish island, and quite a fascinating one. Driving through the island makes you feel confused all the time because your mind keeps failing to understand how the elements of the south can be mixed into a northern lanscape so effortlessly.
Gotland is everything. It has a most impressive coastline: amazing sea stacks, sandy beaches, rich bird life... This island even has it,s own savannah. Yep, a northern savannah.
Being the one who explores the world through the lens of a camera I secretly hoped for a cloudy weather. Imagine it: dramatic cliffs and a gloomy sky in the background. Perfection. But this never happened. When we arrived the sun was scorching from above.

Anyway, nothing could spoil the experience. It was quite a short trip but I enjoyed every minute of it. It was a great escape from reality and Gotland is the right place for an off the beaten path vacation.






















































Wishing everyone a nice day!

5 comments:

  1. superb! Really nice post sis, excited to see more xx Peach

    http://momomoworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Gotland looks like a very beautiful place! So many lovely photos, Vera.

    Hope you are doing well :)
    -Jana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This looks like an incredible island! Now I am wanting to travel again!!! :D
    I loved all your pictures...your dad looks so nice! It seems you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love comments, all of them are deeply appreciated! :)