Tuesday, December 31, 2013

What 2013 Has Brought



 
Oh, well. It,s been a while.
But I have to get back to blogging before it becomes too late and I lose all my English writing skills. I could write an entire post about why I quited blogging for almost two months but would it make any sense? I suppose it wouldn,t. I,m back and it feels good, really good. I,ve missed you.
 
You never know what tomorrow brings and 2013 has been an awesome illustration to this saying. My life has changed drastically and as the year is coming to a close I think it,s a perfect time to reflect on it.
 
The most important thing is that I became a student and started learning Swedish. Honestly, I had never thought I,d learn Swedish. I felt uncertain until the very last moment but I,m happy that I eventually opted for this beautiful scandinavian language. It,s amazing how fast you learn languages at the university. Only three months and I can read blogs in Swedish. Weird letters have become familiar and weird words are now understandable, which makes me so happy!
Also, I,m very happy to have met new amazing people who inspire me. I seriously couldn,t wish for better classmates.

Those of you who follow me on Instagram know that this summer I decided to go vegetarian and I,m glad I did. It feels great to know that you don,t eat animal corpses. One day we were driving through the countryside and I spotted a sign saying there was a slaughterhouse not far from the road and it made me think a lot.
Just imagine what happens inside every day. It,s crazy. Our problem is that we no longer remember that meat actually comes from animals. Most people never think about it, which really makes me sad. As for me, I don,t want to support food industry that,s based on violence. I,m even thinking about going vegan in the future, which won,t be too difficult for I really love vegan and raw food and enjoy cooking it. Tomorrow I,m making my first vegan cheesecake as a new year,s eve dessert. So exciting!



Tomorrow is a one year anniversary of my Instagram account and it,s hard to believe that I have gained 18k followers. It,s truly unbelievable. I never expected my account to become this popular and to influence my life so much. I seriously need to write a post about how Instagram has changed my life. It,s such a wonderful, inspiring and (mostly) friendly community!



Never say never. So true. If you,d told me several months ago that I,d find it nearly impossible to fall asleep because of opera arias stuck in my head, I would have laughed.
Actually I,m glad that I discovered the world of opera at the age of 18: I understand it better for I already have my own stories to tell.
I,ve never been so passionate about anything before. Listening to arias is all I want to do. Currently I,m obsessed with Verdi,s "La Traviata". Especially with this production. I watch it literally every day. It,s almost unhealthy.



Well, 2013 has been definitely good to me. Can 2014 be even better, please?

Wishing you a very happy new year! May the coming year bring you and your loved ones happiness, love, peace and health!

Big hugs!


 

5 comments:

  1. Yay, welcome back :) So glad to hear you are doing well, I, of course, do follow you on instagram but will now be looking forward to your bog posts too. My sister lives in Sweden, she loved learning the language, just as you seem to be. Hope you are having a lovely holiday!

    Kaylee
    xo
    Wild Flower

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've missed you too! It's good that you started blogging again. Oh, and you probably couldn't imagine how similar feelings about past year I have. Apart from travelling and discovering new music (not opera but still good, thought) I also became a student (love languages, learn norwegian on my own but I choose biology) and my life has changed dramatically too. Hope this comming year will be at least as good as 2013 was for us! Greetings from Poland ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your Blog, through Instagram:) !!! Cute blog and beautiful photos:) I greet:) and I invite you to my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just adore your beautiful words....and the lovely pictures!!

    Happy New Year! I am so glad that 2013 was such a good year for you!! I'm excited too for this new year and what it will bring....so many exciting things...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your instagram account and was happy to find your blog here. I think these days weather is the most suitable weather I've ever seen in SPb since I live here. For me it's better than dangerous icicles on roofs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love comments, all of them are deeply appreciated! :)