Saturday, October 5, 2013

Arina on Film






I,ve never been so excited about sharing film photos! I,ll probably start hating these very soon but right now I,m quite happy with how they turned out and I,m enjoying the beautiful feeling of personal fulfillment and self-confidence.

Slowly but surely, I,m changing my mind about taking portraits. It,s so weird. I used to be the one afraid of interacting with people. I used to feel extremely miserable after forcing myself to take someone,s portraits. I had promised to never ever try photographing people again. And I have broken that promise.
 

I prefer taking portraits with a film camera for several reasons. Firstly, a film camera provides incredible depth of field. Secondly, you get romantic grainy texture in your photos. Thirdly, working with film makes you organized: you have to check the settings each time you are going to press the shutter button and you pay extra attention to composition. Also, waiting for the film to be processed is so exciting! Especially for us, children of the digital age.

Well, this is my beautiful classmate Arina and I,m already looking forward to photographing this talented lady (she is an aspiring illustrator) again. I,ll share other film photos later this week, so stay tuned :)

Have a wonderful day!

xx
 

2 comments:

  1. I love what you said about these photos having a romantic grainy texture. I've always loved grainy photos. These are so pretty and she is such a striking woman! These are lovely :) Can't wait to see more.

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful....always wonderful to explore different photography....I love these shots, I think i should try some now... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love comments, all of them are deeply appreciated! :)