Sunday, January 6, 2013

3 Reasons to Love Instagram

Ok, now I,d like to make a confession: I have become one of the Instagram addicts in this crazy world. I,ve been using this app for only a week but I,ve already figured out what are the greatest things about it. Today I looked through the lists of reasons to love Instagram that other bloggers have made and was happy to find none of mine among them and this made me think I should write a blog post dedicated to the Instagram app.

So, here are the reasons why I love Instagram:

1. Square image size. The square format is so fun to play with! Some people believe that Instagram is terrible for photographers but I would say that cropping a photo to this size is a pretty good way to improve the composition skills. You can arrange items symmetrically or place them randomly or think of some other ways to make the image look original.

2. Small things in life. You get to notice the amazing details of your everyday life that you normally pay no attention to: textures, patterns, colour combinations... The things that surround you tell a lot about your personality and sharing pictures with your followers is like telling the story of your life.

3. Aesthetics. Using Instagram makes you yearn for the beauty and you start surrounding yourself with beautiful things.
Just imagine: you get up in the morning and cook your breakfast. Normally you don,t really care how it looks, you only want it to be yummy. Then you take a phone and suddenly realize that your breakfast doesn,t deserve being photographed. You learn the lesson. Next day you,ll take a pretty cup that is used on special occasions only or will even add nice napkins and this will really make having breakfasts a lot more enjoyable. The same with everything else.




Do you see any other benefits of Instagram? Or you probably hate this app?


5 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I love instagram and use it all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love instagram as well, especially all the fun editing effects! And I totally agree about the square shape, my inner OCD loves all the sides to be even :)

    Kaylee
    xo

    P.S. Happy new year to you too! Hope it is filled with lots of pretty clothes and memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so after reading your post, I downloaded instagram.....we'll see if I like it.......maybe I can follow you and get some helpful hints???

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely blog ;)

    http://fashionshores.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love comments, all of them are deeply appreciated! :)