Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Taking Portraits

I rarely step out of my comfort zone and force myself to work with people but sometimes it happens. I,m not very experienced at taking portraits and it has always been a big problem. I never know how to pose the subject. I,m used to shooting cats and they seem to know all the secrets of posing without any instructions given.
I always panic when it comes to taking portraits. I look through hundreds of photographs before the photoshoot desperately trying to figure out how would my ideal photos look like. After the photoshoot I always get disappointed and always end up judging the model and saying how camera shy and uncooperative she was, then I start telling everybody that I will never ever work with people because the are stupid, stupid, stupid!...
Ok, this is what usually happens.
It didn,t happen yesterday.

This is Ksenia and taking portraits of her was an incredibly nice experience. I took lots of film pictures with my Zenit and I can,t wait to see how they turned out.

I also took some very simple and quite banal photos with a digital camera, here,s what I came up with :)



Have a nice day,

Vera


4 comments:

  1. I've never really take portraits before, just of really close family and friends, but I feel sooo nervous and insecure about doing them one day too! I think it gets better over time, and you can be confident that your pictures are stunning! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The eyes are the window to a soul"
    and you have captured Ksenia's eyes so well....
    Yes I know what your talking about...people are so intriguing, and yet capturing their personalities in such simplistic beauty is always hard to achieve....you did a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful portrait! I used to be very shy about asking people to pose for me, but I knew that I would have to overcome that feeling if I wanted to shoot portraits, which I absolutely love. I still am shy, so I am always so relieved and then thrilled when I ask someone to model for me and they say yes! Remember that doing is the best way of learning! Keep on shooting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredible portrait! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love comments, all of them are deeply appreciated! :)