Monday, April 30, 2012

A Year Of Blogging


Vera is sitting in her room. She is just back from a trip to Wiesbaden where so many pictures were taken that are worth sharing. At least, she thinks so.
At the moment she is obsessed with some of the popular blogs but actually knows nothing about blogging, she doesn’t even know that it’s free. The blogosphere seems to be a parallel universe, a whole other world. Having a blog seems to be attractive though… So, why not to…?

Ok, to make a long story short, it’s been a year now since I started this blog but it feels like… (Warning: banality) …it feels like it was just yesterday. Time flies...
At first this blog was all about sharing random pictures which had no artistic value at all and my English was poor, really poor; you can’t even imagine how terrible it was. Later I got used to writing short descriptions of my pictures as I was reasonable enough to understand that without them my blog would be absolutely uninteresting. Little by little I came to love writing in English, I came to love this beautiful language. Not because it is international but because it’s truly wonderful.

I’m almost proud of having written so many posts during this year; I never thought I could share my inner thoughts with someone else but all of you were so understanding, so supportive… Your stories, your sincerity encouraged me to share my own experiences and I remain utterly grateful to all of you, you are amazingly kind, I wish I could be just as kind as you are. Thank you, guys!

You helped me to realize that the number of followers doesn’t really matter as long as some of you support me just like we are close friends. Wait, we have already become friends, haven’t we?...





Have a nice day,

Vera

13 comments:

  1. I love the second photo! Your pictures are so artistic and fun. It is so true the number of followers doesn't matter as long as some support you. I love when my followers or even just other bloggers stop by my blog and leave a comment that makes my day!http://rediculousredhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the one year of blogging =) Love your scarves <3 X

    http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there!

    first, thanks for the sweet comments you've left on my blog...they always make me smile!

    second, thanks for this lovely post. I haven't been around your blog for too long, but I already love it a lot. your photos are honest and beautiful, as are your writings. It's great that you've come so far in English! I'm learning French right now, and completely understand your joy in using a second language. <3

    you're a talented person and I love that you share your wonderful work here! here's to another good year of blogging,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice text! I hope you will continue writing in your blog because it's really intresting to read this everytime.

    I only hope that you like to write on german more ;)

    Greeting from your german hometown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your pictures are gorgeous, And so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your 1 year blogging birthday and thanks you for your kind words on the English language. You have learned quickly and very well. I wish I had the diligence to learn a second language.

    Looking forward to many more beautiful posts from you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on reaching one year, Vera! Your photos are simply beautiful and I enjoy looking at them.
    Your English is so good! I am learning French, but I would not be able to keep up a blog in a different language. You're amazing!

    Blessings,
    Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  8. By the way, would you like to get a Party Survival Kit from Korres? join my giveaway!

    xXx
    http://www.unspeakablethoughtsunspoken.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice outfit, you look really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, your so sweet.....I have truly enjoyed such having such a wonderful friendship with a beautiful friend in Russia.......

    Keep Blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Congrats :) Your blog's great

    xxx
    Daria, the Fashionsurfer

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so lovely, Vera! Your blog is very, very inspiring to me, even if I get lazy and forget to comment. I read, and reread each post. And gaze in admiration at all your photos. They are so great!

    Thank you for existing! And being you.

    Yes, we're definitely friends. ;)
    Love,
    Rebekah

    P.S. you are so beautiful, and look perfect in that first picture, and I love the last one... Where is that? It look beyond lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love comments, all of them are deeply appreciated! :)