Sunday, January 29, 2012

Creative blocks

Life consists of circles. The same with creativity.
I currently suffer from the so called “creative crisis” and it,s oh so frustrating yet very typical of me. I knew I would most likely fell into it in winter, but still it happened quite unexpectedly.
However, it,s not the first time I,m dealing with it and I have already learnt that creative crisis isn,t bad, it,s not something extraordinary or unusual, on the contrary, it helps to make progress, to accomplish more, discover hidden aspects of personality and talent. It is a part of being creative, it will transcend you to another level, it won,t block you forever.
Creative blocks remind me I could do better. The thing is that I,m probably not ready for it. Everything I can do is to wait for the right time, for the magical time when the inspiration comes back.
When it comes to photography, I am a perfectionist, I always think my pictures aren,t good enough and it inevitably leads to creative blocks.
If you surf the Internet, you will find lots of tips to overcome creative blocks, but in fact neither of them works. Wait, one of them does. It sounds very simple but always helps. Never give up. Because what else is there?
Have a nice day,
Vera

14 comments:

  1. so true!! well, i always surf the web for inspirational shots and "try" to recreate them with a different twitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Vera! :)

    I think we all have a creative block from time to time. As you said, never give up! This may be a bad thing in our lives, but let's just focus on the good things that happened to us. Don't we just feel better now? :)

    When I have a creative crisis, I usually take a break - read a book, help my mom in the kitchen, doodle a little. Then, suddenly, I feel like doing something creative! Strange, but it works.

    I hope you'll be surrounded by all the inspiration you need! I believe in you! :)

    Lots of love,

    Larisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. so true!! I often find srfing on the Internet very helpful! great pic!!
    http://citygirltoday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photograph! So true, it happens to me too and I am 24 years older than you. It's all age issue and it can be very bad but never give up. Guess what, I am your new follower! Means that you are inspiring:) xo, Nataya
    http://chachamisu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. keep looking for inspiration...and i know you will find it. beautiful picture of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You hair is so gorgeous!! Love your outfit! Great post! Following you now.

    Callmesnakke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Vera,

    Never give up. Or else you would leave us stranded here, desperately looking at old posts of yours. I have to say, your blog is probably the one I'm on the most. Your pictures are delightful, as are your words. I hope I can be half as proficient in a language I learn as you. You are just as good (if not better) as a lot of people who speak english as their first language.

    Why am I going on about this? I really don't know. I guess I'll just talk about your picture and how beautiful it is and you are. Seriously, you are really, really gorgeous (I almost laughed when you said I was pretty, I was like, look at yourself, I'm not half as pretty ;)

    (do you ever think it's weird when people end with "hugs" or something like that?)
    Love,
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow lovely post!
    Great photo!
    http://kate-fashionschtick-kate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vera I think it will mostly help you to understand what you want more.This crisis might be something good..
    Come say hello :)
    xo
    Anastasia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you very much for your lovely comment and I am very happy you like my drawing.
    You have a wonderful blog and beautiful photographs! I read the post you wrote about your exchange to Wiesbaden - well, I am from Mainz!
    Viele Grüße und alles Gute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are very sweet and beautiful!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great post! You are so right! Don't give up! It will be so worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Vera, I'd just like you to know that I've added your blog to my blog community. See Blogroll. Most of my blog friends are there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love comments, all of them are deeply appreciated! :)