Thursday, December 1, 2011

No Snow

The first day of winter. Time passes so quickly.
  Christmas is approaching, isn’t it exciting? The weirdest thing is that there is still no snow here in St. Petersburg. Obviously, this winter isn’t going to be as harsh as the previous one, but who knows…

I have so many plans for this December! The most important one is to finish writing the promised text about the events that influenced my life and attitude. I actually started writing it about a month ago but I still have a lot to think over. Writing that text is definitely good for me.  I try to write so that every sentence sounds well. I have a chance to think back and to review what happened in the past. Sometimes it’s not very easy, especially to realize I have made lots of mistakes, but I know they helped me to become who I am now.

I’m also planning to write about the insecurities and fears that I have overcome. I’m tired of pretending and simply want to be candid. Talking about blogging, it’s very important to let readers know you better, with all your insecurities, imperfections or whatever. You shouldn’t hide what makes you unique and different from others.

I know that lots of bloggers only post their outfit photos and write a list of what they were wearing below. Nothing more. Can anybody explain me why so many people are interested in such blogs? How can they write “you-are-awesome” comments if they can only see clothes? I get bored by such blogs immediately.
Sure, everybody has his own way and I can’t judge people, but I want to write frankly, so that you can know who that Vera is, who posts cat photographs and misses Wiesbaden way too much.
This picture was taken in October. That reflections seem to be painted, what do you think?

Hmm… When I opened Blogger I thought I would just write how glad I am that winter has come. So, here it is, spontaneous writing :)

4 comments:

  1. Lovely shot, it looks like a nicely smudged piece of art! Wishing you a Merry Christmas in advance! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a painted reflection! So beautiful. And I agree about the whole "outfit only bloggers". Most blogs like that aren't very interesting and don't let you get to know the person writing very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, guys, for commenting! I really appreciate it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous photo Vera, i love that , i love putting up decor for Christmas, that is my favorite part, i put up a tree in my room last night and me and my sister decorated it in pink and green decor, it is pretty

    -olivia-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love comments, all of them are deeply appreciated! :)