Friday, October 28, 2011

What is obvious?

A few days ago one of my German friends who had taken part in the exchange last year sent me a message. He wrote it would be sad if we all lose contact and then I sent him a huge reply because since I,d known that there would be a new exchange I can’t stop thinking of the happiest time in my life and I admit we are about to lose contact and feel so sorry for that. I just could not resist sharing everything that was in my mind because I cannot stand to keep all thoughts to myself.
I was so inspired by my last reply (Weird, I know. How can anybody be inspired by himself?) that I decided to turn it into this post.
I took part in the exchange with German students twice and that was the best time in my life. That was unforgettable, truly unforgettable. I remember every minute, every word, every detail and it all means so much to me.
The truth is that those who also took part in the exchange do not really care about keeping in contact with each other and that makes me extremely sad. I remember how close and united we all were. I remember how we all cried in the airport and said we would never forget each other. Was it fake? I cannot believe in it.  
There is nothing more between us than just “likes” on facebook. Sometimes my exchange partner writes me messages but they always sound like “I miss you”. Well, I miss you too, my dear, but I think we simply do not have to mention that, as it’s obvious.
Wait… Is it obvious for everybody?

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel. I don't think facebook really is keeping in touch unless you really Keep In Touch. In fact you realize, as you look through their pictures, how much of their life you're missing, therefore you feel even farther away from them.

    Sometimes, life just goes this way, and you don't know if you should try to hang on to those people or let them go. It's hard.
    Thank you for the post (and you said you weren't good at writing in english). It's really good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love comments, all of them are deeply appreciated! :)